Thursday, October 27, 2011

Our Wedding 7.2.2011

The day I became Mrs. Dean Shackley was the best day of my life.  I'm so lucky God brought me such a loving, patient and kind man to share the rest of my life with. Here are a few ton of pictures from our wedding. 

The Scripture below is from our ceremony that was read by my cousin, Clarissa Bonner.

Ephesians 5:21-28; 31-33
 21 And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
 22 For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23 For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church. 24 As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.
 25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her 26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.[a] 27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault. 28 In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself. 


31 “For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh.”[a] 32 This is a profound mystery—but I am talking about Christ and the church. 33 However, each one of you also must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.

THE DETAILS






GETTING READY







FIRST LOOK





THE CEREMONY







the kiss




BRIDE & GROOM











WEDDING PARTY



THE RECEPTION

My cousin Kelly made our cakes - isn't she talented?!  She learned from the best: my Granny K.  My Granny decorated cakes from 1964-2009 (45 years).  Her speciality was wedding cakes but you can bet I always got an amazing birthday cake growing up.  I was honored to have my cousin do our cake and carry on the family tradition.  She surprised both of us with the "list of things to do" on the grooms cake which was a huge hit!  I love you, Kelly!  Thanks again.



The famous and beautiful Granny K!  

The toasts!































2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Kelseybear!!!!!!!!! You look so so beautiful!!!! I swear you always look like that though but I just love these so much. And I have to ask...What was the shoe thing all about? :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We played a game during the reception. Our DJ asked us questions about the other (ex: Who said I love you first?) and we raise the shoe of who we think! It was fun and everyone enjoyed watching!

    ReplyDelete