Thursday, January 19, 2012

2011 Recap

So my computer has spend sometime in the hospital!  So I finally got a chance to steal borrow Dean's computer to catch up on some blogging!  :)

2011 has been a wonderful year.  I started the year by moving out of my cute little 1 bedroom apartment and into my soon-to-be in laws (current in laws) to save money for the big day.  While this made many people nervous, it was a great experience.  That 6 months living there flew by.  It allowed me to really get to know the Shackley clan.  As you know my Dean was/is working in Iowa and big Dean was out of town most of the time working in Manhattan, Ks on a job so it left the girls and dogs to hang out.  We watched the Bachelor together (I was an Emily fan… to bad that relationship didn’t work out), I learned how to make a bow with 2” ribbon (thanks to Makenzi for making bows for the entire softball team to wear in their hair during games) and they got to help with wedding planning.  And before we knew it July was here --- wedding month--- and I officially became a Shackley!  See some of our wedding pictures HERE. We had a wonderful wedding and spent the next week in Cancun soaking up the sun, ha!  Yeah right, it rained every day but one.  It was still a much needed relaxing week with the husband.  Then our life started in our 1st home.  For the last 6 months of 2011, Dean floating back in forth between work here in Kansas City and in Iowa.  During that time we have had some amazing experiences, attending Gary Chapman's marriage conference and becoming DEBT FREE being two of the many experiences.  Dean and I have an amazing support system with our families but also with our small group through our church.  We have grown with them, but also our relationship with Jesus has grown so much more.  And because of my relationship with him I've been free'd of so much pain and anger that I'd carried with me the last 10 years of my life.  


So as Dean and I start 2012 we've each made a list of goals we hope to achieve and we are going to hold each other accountable!  I can't wait to see what God has in store for us this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment