Thursday, December 22, 2011

A Little Christmas Quiz

1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? Neither for me, thanks. I'll take coffee with a fun creamer like caramel for the Christmas season.

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Growing up the "Santa" gifts were always the unwrapped gifts under the tree that magically appeared Christmas morning.

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White lights for sure!!

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No - but I think it would be fun!

5. When do you put your decorations up? Sometime after Thanksgiving... any sooner is just too much for me.  This year it was the first weekend in December!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Baked Ham and My Mom's green bean casserole!  She makes the best!!!  I also always look forward to my Granny K's famous cinnamon rolls! {oh boy, I'm gettin' excited now!}

7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Singing Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus and blowing out a candle for him!  We did this before opening any gifts!

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? In grade school - I heard all the other kids talking.  I remember asking my Mom if it's true.  Her response, "The spirit of giving is the truth in Santa."  {Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE her? cause boy do I!}

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Growing up we always opened our sibling gifts.  This year Dean and I will celebrate our Christmas, Christmas Eve morning and then head to Hutch!

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? We bought a real tree from Home Depot and decorated with golds and reds!  See our Christmas Tree HERE

11. Snow! Love it or dread it? I love it when it covers the ground but doesn't make it a pain to drive it! ha, I'm picky! 

12. Can you ice skate? YES and Dean and I have gone every year we been together.  We haven't gone yet this year but I'm hoping after the New Year we will make time.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I can't remember a specific gift but the one thing I remember and would say is my favorite gift is the gift of being able to be together as a family.  I love family and it means the most to me.

14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Celebrating Jesus's birth.  Plus, spending time with family and friends, for sure. I don't care much about receiving gifts. I just want to see the people that I love most.

15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? CHEESECAKE!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? I have 2.  The first is picking out our REAL Christmas tree together and decorating it together while singing Christmas songs.  Also, singing Happy Birthday to Baby Jesus before opening our gifts! 

17. What tops your tree? For this year, a big red bow.  At my Mom's house - there is an Angel.

18. Which do you prefer: giving or receiving? Giving- definitely giving

19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? I can take or leave regular candy canes but I love Jelly Belly candy canes. Have you tried them? Yummy.

20. Favorite Christmas show? HOME ALONE

21. What is your favorite Christmas song? I have so many.  I love them all!  
 
Can you believe that Christmas is just days away? I'm so excited that I can barely stand it.  It's going to be a good Christmas, I just know it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment