Monday, November 14, 2011

DIY No-Sew Pillows

Easiest pillows - EVER.  I found this tutorial that required zero sewing and I was in.

4 things you will need:
1. Pillow of your choice
2. Fabric of any sort
3. Measuring tape
4. Scissors

It doesn't really require a measuring tape if you have enough fabric that you can figure out the cuts by simply using your pillow.  Here's an example: My pillow's dimensions were 20x20 so you simply do three times as wide as your pillow, and twice as tall as your pillow.  Using this formula I needed my fabric to be 60w x 40h. So, you can get to these measurements by using a measuring tape, or by spacing your pillow on your fabric.

Steps
1. Lay your pillow on your cut fabric

Yes - Molly jumped into the picture! 

2. Fold the bottom half of the fabric (do the bottom first in order to make sure that the fabric doesn't fall open once tied)



3.  Fold top half over bottom



4. Next fold the ends together, kind of like wrapping a present, or a tootsie roll.  



5. Lay each side over each other. Then to finish, tie the sides into a knot. Then knot again.  END RESULT!



I'm still deciding if I like the fabric I picked.  What do you think?





No comments:

Post a Comment