Wednesday, November 16, 2011

11.11.11 {My Mama's Birthday}

November 11, 2011 was my Mother's Birthday!  She has been looking forward to since she was a little girl.  So this year we wanted to make it EXTRA special for her - we showered her with 11 gifts.  She received one each day starting 11-1 and ending 11-11.  We called it the 11 days of birthday! 

The 3 of us kids think the world of our Mother.  She is the kind of woman that brightens a room with her cheerful smile and warm laugh.  She has a positive, bubbly and outgoing personality that everyone loves being around.  Her attitude towards life just rubs off on people - she very rarely has a "bad" day.  I'd like to think of my Mom as a super-woman: going to Janessa's volleyball games, Garrett's middle school football games, and to varsity football games to see me cheer all in the same day.  Plus we'd still get a yummy warm meal afterwards.  I can't wait to be a Mom one day - so I can pass on all the great traits my Mom taught me by example. 

"Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast,
It is not proud. It does not dishonor others,
It is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered,
It keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails."
-
 Corinthians 13:4-8 (NIV)

This is a very popular bible verse.  One of my favorites.  This is something I strife to be more like and one of the bible verses I can replace Love with My Mother.

My Mother is patient, my Mother is kind.
She does not envy, she does not boast,
She is not proud.  She does not dishonor others,
She is not self-seeking, she is not eaily angered,
She keeps no record of wrongs.
My Mother does not delight in evil
but rejoices with the truth.
She always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always preseveres.
My Mother never fails.

Here are some pictures that bring me down memory lane!

















I LOVE YOU MOM!!!

1 comment:

  1. aw, this is so sweet! I remember you telling us she was so excited about this birthday. What great kids she has!

    ReplyDelete